Your teeth are an important part of your appearance. When they're dull, flawed, or damaged, you may stop smiling or feel less confident in social situations. Fortunately, dental veneers offered by your dentist, Dr. David Gunderson of All West Dental in Lethbridge, AB, can help you makeover your smile.
What veneers can do for your smile
Veneers are thin layers of porcelain attached to the fronts of your teeth with dental cement. The restorations are made from an impression of your mouth to ensure an attractive, comfortable fit. Veneers are available in many shades of white and are used to conceal imperfections that affect the visible surfaces of your teeth.
Veneers can help you:
- Boost Your Self-Esteem: Enhancing your smile offers important benefits for your self-esteem and self-confidence. Once your imperfections disappear, your smile may just become one of your best features.
- Transform an Odd Tooth: Even one strangely shaped tooth can ruin the symmetry of your smile. Unfortunately, it's not unusual for a few teeth to look completely out of place. Veneers make twisted, crooked, pointed, or oddly shaped teeth look just like your other teeth.
- Hide Damage and Imperfections: Flaws, even if they're small, can be very noticeable in the fronts of your teeth. Veneers easily conceal chips, cracks, uneven surfaces, and other imperfections.
- Make Gaps Disappear: Do you feel self-conscious about the small gap between your front teeth? Veneers can close slight gaps, completely transforming your smile.
- Change the Color of Teeth: Veneers offer an excellent way to improve the shade of a discolored tooth or even whiten your smile. The restorations are stain-resistant and won't become dull even if you consume foods and beverages that tend to cause stains, like coffee, tea, cola, red wine, or berries.
- Improve the Appearance of Short Teeth: Do you have a few teeth that are a little too short? Veneers provide a simple solution. (If wear and tear due to teeth grinding caused the problem, a nightguard can be made for you during your visit to the Lethbridge dental office. The guard will protect your veneers from damage.)
Give your dentist a call
Renew your smile with dental veneers! Call All West Dental in Lethbridge, AB, at (403) 380-3300 to schedule an appointment with your dentist, Dr. David Gunderson.